Yahtzee is a popular dice game that you can play with players of all ages and skill levels. It’s all about rolling dice and trying to get the best combinations to score points. In a game of Yahtzee, the person with the highest score wins! To help you keep track of scores, we invite you to download our printable Yahtzee score sheets.
We’ve included a full color and a black-and-white version in the set, so you can print whichever one you prefer.
Download Yahtzee sheets pdf files here
Yahtzee score sheet templates
If you’re looking for the best way to have family fun without leaving the house, Yahtzee game nights are an excellent choice! This classic dice game can be played with as little as 2 people and provides hours of fun.
Here’s how you play the Yahtzee dice game:
What you need:
- A set of 5 special dice.
- The printable Yahtzee scorecards
- Some people to play with. You can play with a small group of 2 or more players.
How to play:
The Yahtzee scorecard has two main sections: the Upper Section and the Lower Section. These sections are where you record your points based on the combinations you make with your dice rolls.
1. Rolling the dice: Each player takes turns rolling all 5 dice. You can roll them up to three times on your turn.
2. Making combinations: After each roll, you decide which dice you want to keep and which ones you want to roll again. You’re trying to make specific combinations with the dice to get a high score. There are different scoring categories, here are the main combinations:
The Upper Section of the scorecard focuses on the numbers you roll on the dice, from ones (1) to sixes (6). Here’s how it works:
- For each number (1 through 6), you’re trying to get as many dice showing that number as possible during your turn.
- After your roll, you can choose to put your points in the corresponding category. For example, if you roll three 3’s, you can put 9 points in the “Threes” category.
- You add up all the dice with the same number and write the total in the matching category.
- If you roll more than one set of a particular number during the game, you can add them all together. For example, if you already scored 9 points in the “Threes” category and later roll two more 3’s, you can add those to your previous score.
- Once you’ve filled in your Upper Section in your own Yahtzee score sheet, add up all the points you scored in those categories. If you score 63 points or more, you get a bonus of 35 points. This bonus is called the “Upper Section Bonus.” It’s a reward for getting lots of points in the Upper Section.
The Lower Section of the scorecard has more challenging combinations to aim for. Here are the categories in the Lower Section:
- Three of a Kind: This category scores the total of all five dice if you have at least three with the same number.
- Four of a Kind: Similar to Three of a Kind, but you need four dice with the same number.
- Full House: Score 25 points if you have three dice of one number and two dice of another number. It’s always worth 25 points in this category.
- Small Straight: Get four dice in a row, like 1-2-3-4 or 2-3-4-5, and you score 30 points.
- Large Straight: Get all five dice in a row, like 1-2-3-4-5 or 2-3-4-5-6, and you score 40 points.
- Yahtzee: The ultimate goal! If you roll all five dice with the same number, you score 50 points. If you get more than one Yahtzee during the game, you can score extra points in this category.
- Chance: In this category, you can put any combination of dice, and you simply add up the total of all the dice. It’s a good backup category for when you can’t use any of the other combinations.
- Scoring: You write down your points in the corresponding categories on your scorecard. Try to get the most points you can in each category.
- Bonus: If you score at least 63 points in the Ones through Sixes categories combined, you get a bonus of 35 points.
- Winning: Keep playing turns and filling out your scorecard. The player with the highest total score at the end of the game wins!
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR Yahtzee Score Cards
Yahtzee Score Cards are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
Tip To Make Your Scorecards Last Longer:
You can make a reusable Yahtzee score sheet too by laminating your printable score cards and using dry erase markers. This way they can last for much longer!
Download printable Yahtzee score cards PDF format
Yahtzee Scoresheets PDF
MORE FUN Games FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
Yahtzee is a game of chance and strategy. It’s a blast to play and can get really competitive. So, grab those dice and have a great time rolling for those awesome combinations and big points!