Kids that love hippos and coloring pages will love today’s free printables! Here are two Hippo facts sheets that are all ready to be downloaded, printed, and colored.
Whether hippos are your kiddo’s favorite animal or they just love learning about animals that live in Africa, we are sure they’ll have a great time learning all these fun facts about hippos.
Hippo Facts FOR KIDS
- The hippopotamus or hippo is a large semiaquatic mammal native to sub-Saharan Africa.
- The term “hippopotamus” is derived from Greek and is translated as …
- Hippos are the third largest land mammal, after elephants and rhinoceros.
- There are two species of hippopotamus: the common river hippo and the much smaller pygmy hippopotamus.
- They can live up to 50 years!
- Baby hippos, known as calves, often ride on their mother’s backs in the water to rest or sleep.
- Despite their semi-aquatic nature, they cannot swim or breathe underwater.
- There are only around 130,000 wild hippos in the world.
- Their size and incredibly sharp teeth make them the most dangerous animals on the land.
- A group of hippos is called a bloat of hippopotamuses, and the term is inspired by their bloated bellies.
SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR HIPPO FACTS COLORING SHEETS
Hippo Facts coloring pages are sized for standard letter printer paper dimensions – 8.5 x 11 inches.
This pdf file includes two coloring sheets loaded with Hippo Facts that you don’t want to miss. Print as many sets as needed and give them to friends or family!
DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE Hippo Facts PDF FILE
MORE FUN FACTS COLORING PAGES FROM KIDS ACTIVITIES BLOG
What was your favorite hippo fact?